Contracted and Professional:
- 2016-Present The Bridge Progressive Arts Initiative- Executive Director
The Bridge is a nonprofit organization with the mission of bridging diverse communities through the arts. This is achieved by practicing engagement, facilitating connection, and designing great experiences.
- 2017-Present Charlottesville Mural Project- Executive Director
The CMP incorporates community perspectives and showcases the talents of artists and designers locally, regionally and abroad, while contributing to the cultural and visual vibrancy of the city.
- 2018-Present Creative Mornings Charlottesville- Event Day Coordinator
Breakfast creative lecture series with chapters in cities globally. Fueling the creative spirit in Charlottesville and fostering connection and inspiration. As Event Day Coordinator: Working with a team to facilitate monthly events.
- 2016-2017 Reconnecting to Our Waterways- Creative Consultant
Connecting organizations and artists to resources for creative placemaking projects and planning ongoing waterway related artistic and cultural programming.
- 2015-16 Big Car Collaborative - Creative Placemaker/Program Director
Big Car brings art to people and people to art, sparking creativity in lives to transform communities. As Creative Placemaker: Creating cultural vibrancy in Indianapolis neighborhoods by implementing engaging, people-focused programming at waterway destinations. This includes collaborating closely with an array of community entities, hiring, empowering, and managing a team of local artists.
- 2015-16 Reconnecting to Our Waterways - Aesthetics Committee, Acting Chairperson
Coordinating community artists and resources to accomplish assets-based beautification projects that improve awareness and investment in the waterway system of Indianapolis.
- 2015-16 Streamlines - Contributing Creative Placemaker
Program collaboration with Mary Miss and City as Living Laboratory, National Science Foundation, Butler University Department of Biological Sciences, and Center for Urban Ecology at Butler University to study science learning through art.
- 2016 Rethinking Our Streets - Planning Team Member
Pilot project in Indianapolis to creatively imagine our streets for a more beautiful, pedestrian-safe, and bike-friendly environment.
- 2009-15 Know No Stranger - Founding Member, Project Director, Studio Manager, Collaborator
KNS is an artist-founded organization bringing accessible and engaging cultural experiences to central Indiana and beyond with a focus on building community and inspiring beauty. Experience includes, design and construction, project coordination, program implementation, and participation in the creation of a vision for the organization.
Partnerships and collaborations: Performing Artist in Residence at Indianapolis Museum of Art, National Endowment for the Arts, PBS/WFYI public radio, Indianapolis Art Center, Indianapolis Marion County Public Library Foundation, Indiana Humanities, TED Talks, John H. Boner Center, Super Bowl Committee, Fringe Festival, Spotlight: AIDS.
- 2006-present Musician, Sound Engineer, and Producer
Arrangement, Musician, Sound Engineer: Heck Above Deck (2016 musical theater performance at Indianapolis Museum of Art)
Mixer, Sound Engineer: Public Sessions (2016 Listen Hear WQRT Indianapolis)
Musician, Producer, Sound Engineer: Language Burier (2016 independent release)
Musician, Producer, Sound Engineer: Megaboom (2014 independent release)
Musician, Producer, Sound Engineer: Loving South Africa: Vol. 1 (2013 AIDS benefit)
Musician, songwriter: 1997: On the Run (2008 Victory Records)
Musician, songwriter: 1997: ...a Better View of the Rising Moon (2007 Victory Records)
Recent Grants and Commissions:
- 2018 Bama Works Foundation, Public Artist Collaborative Residency,
Providing resources for 3 artists to create collaboratively. Raising the spirit of cooperation among diverse artists in Charlottesville, fostering a social practice, providing open and flexible space for creativity.
- 2018 Virginia Commission for the Arts-Artists in Education, smART KIDS,
Institute an ongoing after-school workshop series taught by a collection of Charlottesville artists, the program provides a paid opportunity for an inclusive collection of community artists to share their practice, connect with their community, and exchange inspiration with children.
- 2017 Genan Foundation, smART KIDS,
Develop and pilot an after-school workshop series taught by a collection of Charlottesville artists, the program provides a paid opportunity for an inclusive collection of community artists to share their
- 2017 University of Virginia Arts, Barracks Road Mural,
Conceptualized by muralist Chicho Lorenzo, This 2,900 sq. ft. piece incorporated an extensive community input and jury process as well as participation from UVA students in both painting and arts administration.
- 2017 University of Virginia Arts, StoryStream,
Utilizing a vintage Airstream trailer, this ongoing project engages students in storylistening experiences, connecting the UVA population with the broader Charlottesville community.
- 2017 Bama Works Foundation, Face to Face: Portraits of our Vibrant City,
Using the intimate process of portraiture to foster meaningful connection.
- 2016 IN Light IN, Light Festival, Paddlit,
Interactive pedal-activated paddle boat light installation. Collaboration with Big Car Collaborative
- 2016 Indianapolis Museum of Art, Burnside’s Sideburns,
Artist designed mini golf, included in USA Today
- 2015 Indiana Arts Commission, Wagon of Wonders at Free Fishing Days,
Arts in the Parks Grant, Interactive mobile art gallery curation and programming for IN State Parks
- 2014 Nice Grants, The Raparatus, 12’x12’x6’,
Kinetic Sculpture Music Machine designed to be utilized in collaboration with vocal performers
- 2012 Indiana Humanities Council Spirit and Place Festival, Play,
Semi-permanent instructional signage to inspire interactive place-based play
- 2018 University of Virginia, Urban Sociology, Charlottesville Virginia, Art Ecosystems and Who they Serve: Facilitated Discussion
- 2018 University of Virginia, Arts Administration, Charlottesville Virginia, Panel Discussion: Overview of the Arts in Charlottesville
- 2017 University of Virginia, Art In/With Communities, Charlottesville Virginia, Engaging Your City with Purpose and Joy: Facilitated Discussion
- 2015 Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs Masters of Arts Administration Symposium, Bloomington IN, Innovations in Placemaking
- 2015 Indianapolis University- Purdue University of Indianapolis Arts and Humanities Institute Museum of the Anthropocene, History, Environment and the Anthropocene
- 2015 Marion University, Neighbor Power, Creative Placemaking on our Waterways
- 2015 University of Indianapolis, Presentation on Sustainable Community Development
- 2015 Orr Fellowship, Business Leader Meeting Lecture, Civic Responsibility: Your City, Your Duty
- 2012 Bachelor of Social Work
With High Distinction at Indiana University; 2nd in graduating class.
Additional Recent Artwork:
- 2016 Charlottesville in Living Color, Emancipation Park, Tom Tom Founders Festival,
video projection. Charlottesville, VA
- 2016 Let It Burn, Piedmont Virginia Community College, Let There Be Light Festival,
mixed media/performance/video projection collaboration with Matthew Slaats. Charlottesville, VA
- 2016 Language Burier, Fletcher Place Arts,
mixed media/sound collaborative exhibit. Indianapolis, IN
- 2016 Goodbye Cruel World, General Public Collective Gallery,
solo mixed media exhibit. Indianapolis IN
- 2015 Art, Indianapolis Museum of Contemporary Art,
collaboration with Cloud Preaser. Indianapolis IN
- 2015 Wagon of Wonders,
Installations and curation for mobile interactive art gallery, Collaboration with Big Car Collaborative, Jim Walker, Chris Vorhees, Chris Dance, Beatriz Vasquez, Niina Cochran and Casey Roberts. Central IN
- 2015 A Literary Diagram of the Digestive System,
Included in Gutzine: A Zine about Bodily Functions
- 2014 Appliance, K&S Appliance Store Pop-up Gallery,
mixed media, Indianapolis IN
- 2014 Pigeon Business, Art in Odd Places, and Oxford Kinetics Festival,
interactive place-based art. Collaboration with Know No Stranger. Indianapolis IN and Oxford OH